Monday, September 1, 2008

Public Potties!



I have to mention the public potties... for men, they consist of a urinal outside usually with just a partial wall... we have one near our house that the taxi drivers seem to enjoy frequenting... usually when mutt and I are doing our morning walks... I have learned to just look away! As for women... it is quite the experience as I mentioned earlier... they are basically a urinal in the ground! You squat, aim ( if possible) and pray that you are hitting the right spot! Quite the challenge since most don't even have a bar to hang on to... not to mention holding purses, pants, undies and anything else you brought in... Goodness knows you don't want it on the ground when trying this feat!!!! I posted a few pictures for you to get an accurate idea of these puppies.. ENJOY! The pictures are of the ladies public potties... so friends and family... when you come to visit... make sure and practice squats before arriving! HAHAHAHAHA ;0) There are a few places that have American style ones but I am realizing they are few and far between!

2 comments:

Terri Harmon said...

OMG! I had no idea my ancestors thought this was a good idea! No wonder my Grandmother (rest her soul) was four foot 10 and had a size 4 shoe!!! She was close to the ground and never worried about peeing on her good shoes!!

I love and miss you!
Ter

irmadunmire said...

Makes you view port-a-potties as a luxury, huh? LOL. Hope you are doing okay. Are you going to teacher in Japan? I hope so...you are really great with kids. Anyways...take lots of photos and send me your address. i want to send you a letter...:o)

Irma