Saturday, September 13, 2008

Shuri Castle Moonlight Festival




Hello!

Life is good here in Okinawa. We had to prepare for a typhoon this weekend but it missed us... luckily! We had our first real "Okinawan Experience" last night when we attended the Shuri Castle Moonlight Festival. It takes place at Shuri Castle which is where the King of Okinawa used to live. It was SO pretty and happens once a year based on the lunar calendar. I have attached a few picture for your viewing pleasure. The moon was full and the dancers were amazing!!!

2 comments:

mtquaranta said...

Katie and I are a bit jealous. It looks like you're having a lot of fun.

Unknown said...

Thank you for keeping us poor folks stateside informed of your carefree life style. All looks good except for the bathroom accommodations. I think I'm too old to tour that place. I guess I will have to practice my squats.