Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thursday

Hello everyone,

Well this week has flown by. John was off until Wednesday so we have just been playing catch-up. Life is good in sunny Okinawa. I started a pottery class yesterday... PRETTY cool... I am learning to throw things on the wheel... it is a bit harder than it looks... I had to laugh at myself a bit and finally told my teacher to laugh to... he did of course! I came home very messy. I created 5 masterpieces... none of which will be worth a million dollars... probably not even 100 yen but we will love them just the same. My bowl basically looks like a soy sauce dish because I didn't throw it even and my cups look more like mini bowls... oh well. I there is only room to go up! Prodigy I am not! For dinner last night we went to the Pizza House... WHAT a unique experience. As with other things here we are realizing that what things say they are and what they are are TWO very different things. I had 3 tacos for dinner with a "mini pizza" and John had a sort of italian trio thing. Now the pizza is dough, cheese, hard boiled egg slices, a piece of hot dog and I think some red pepper was on there...bit different than Domino's.... Actually wasn't half bad though. More to come and pictures at the local grocery store will follow. Take care and kumbawa (good evening)

No comments: