Thursday, September 4, 2008

Slip & Slide


GOOD morning EVERYONE! HAPPY FRIDAY! At least for us it is TGIF... for all of you back home.. you are almost there! Well they say pictures are worth a thousand words and today I was SO thankful there wasn't a camera around! John doesn't have to go into work until later and he and I took Maddie on her morning walk. I need to say first that in our area there aren't sand beaches, it is the cement wall things that you walk down and then into the water. I decided to look for some sea glass because the tide was not quite in yet so I went down in the area that has a little coral beach and when I was coming out, I slipped on the cement wall. I realized I was falling so sort of turned my body (mind you I am fully dressed) and proceeded to slide on my rear down 2 or 3 steps and then slide into the ocean. Yep, hit the wonderful sea floor! John described it as a zpt.. zpt...shoooing... He was laughing hysterically and had the perfect view as he and Maddie lounged on the upper cement steps! Moral of the story: there are reasons, which I now understand ever to clearly, why they say wear the rubber soled ocean shoes when playing around in that area of the East China Sea! I have attached a picture of where I fell... but fortunately for me... there are none of the incident itself. Just imagine me sliding into the water on the right side of the picture and then sinking...Yes, it was truly an typical "Angela Moment!"

2 comments:

mtquaranta said...

HA HA HA! You know that story would have been on our team agenda for weeks!

-Mike

Susan D. said...

Wow - I can picture this ever so clearly!! It's a good thing you didn't hurt yourself. I'm really enjoying your blog!